Additional Pages

Monday 10 March 2014

The Sunday that Spring stormed the patch !

Spring had threatened a bit on Saturday, but the strong southerlies damped things down. A Linnet was the only addition to the year list.
Sunday however was the real deal, with the temperature peaking at 18° C. I couldn't wait to get out there !

It took exactly 5 minutes to see the first butterfly, a Comma, which I nearly tripped over. It settled down at a sensible distance.


By the end of the day, I had added Small Tortoiseshell and seen 3 Peacock's, this one was  the most obliging.


I'm doing well with Ladybirds, today 2 Pine Ladybirds were seen, only the second time I have seen this species. 7 Spots were abundant.




And on a little patch of Coltsfoot, a Marmalade Hoverfly..double tick !





A great session in the sun was rounded off by this Drinker Moth Caterpillar


Elsewhere I saw a nice male Brimstone on the wing. 4 butterflies seen on March 9th !
What a great day

 Patch Species  Total 157

No comments:

Post a Comment